Saturday 21 June 2014

Kimono Inspired Nails


This design is inspired by my best friend who said I should do a Japanese design of nail art. And then she emailed me her daughters Kimono, which immediately inspired me to do this manicure. I started with a base coat of OPI "Lay Down That Base", before putting a coat of OPI Satin "4 In The Morning". I then stamped it using Color Club "Kismet", with the Moyou London Plate - "Suki - 07". The Red is by Zoya Matte Velvet Lacquer, called "Posh/Mat". For the white stamping I used OPI "Alpine Snow", which is my favourite white nail varnish at the moment. To finish it off, I first top coated it with Seche Vitte. I then let it completely dry and then I top coated it with the OPI "Matte Base Coat". Now, why did I do this? (you may ask) It's because the matte coat could smudge off the pattern of the stamping - this way you are protecting it before you go matte finish.

Very recently I learned how to create video tutorial. The first thing that popped in my head is my Kimono inspired design. I of course waited first to get familiarized with the idea of editing, as I wanted to be able to present this design as well as I could possibly can. So, below is the recent video tutorial I created. Enjoy!!!










Photo with the kimono provided by my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment